Hi Stampers!
Today’s post is a bit different. My original plan for this week will keep for another time. Today’s post is not so much about the finished cards or how to create them, but about the process. It is mostly about stamping and why I do it. When I first started stamping, my fellow stampers and I joked about stamping being our therapy, and how it was so much cheaper than a therapist. Not so sure I could say that now, about it being less expensive. 😊 But, stamping and card making are definitely what I do to relieve stress, relax, and process difficult situations. This week was a very difficult week. Some drama came along that isn’t worth going into detail about. Then my brother was hospitalized and diagnosed with a heart issue. Finally a dear friend passed away unexpectedly. I did what I needed to do, and finally I had the opportunity to stamp. I just took cardstock, ink and stamps with no real plan, and just stamped images. I basically created my own patterned paper for a background panel. When I was stamping it was just about the stamping. What colors would be best, what stamps do I want to use. Before I knew it I had created
4-5 card panels, and my mind was clear. I felt more myself and ready to deal with life again. Today I am sharing the cards o made using the panels I stamped. Let’s take a look at the cards:
VIDEO
TODAY’S CARDS
WHAT YOU NEED
* Card Base - A-2 size
* Inside Panel - white or light colored cardstock cut at 5 1/4” x 4.
* Cardstock - for focal panel, for mat (optional)
* Stamps, inks, adhesive, dies, embellishments, and other items needed to complete your cards
WHAT TO DO
* Stamp images multiple times on cardstock (focal panel)
* Trim panel to size if need be.
* Adhere panel to mat and / or card base.
* Add greeting.
* Add embellishments
* Prepare inside panel and adhere.
AUTUMN LEAVES
(Greeting - Scrapbook.com; All other supplies - Stampin’ Up!)
PUMPKIN PATCH
(All supplies - Stampin’ Up!)
SUNFLOWER HELLO
(Greeting - Scrapbook.com; All other supplies - Stamping Up!)
FLORAL HELLO
(Greeting - Scrapbook.com; All other supplies - Stampin’ Up!
VIDEO CARD
BASIC BLACK CARDSTOCK
EMBELLISHMENTS
Donna, my friend who passed away, liked the color purple. Her birthday would have been later this month. I made this card in memory of her.
IN MEMORY OF DONNA
(Greeting - Scrapbook.com; All other supplies - Stampin’ Up!)
TODAY’S CARDS
Is stamping and card making therapy for you? If so, when you need to destress, do you stick to basics, or create more complicated projects? I know today’s subject is a bit different. Thank you for understanding and bearing with me. Until next time …
Stamp Happy!
Kim
Today’s post is dedicated to the memory of my friend, Donna T. 1959-2026.









No comments:
Post a Comment