Thursday, May 6, 2021

REPEATING GREETING - AN EASY TECHNIQUE FOR CREATING FANTASTIC CARDS

 Hi, Stampers!

Today I have a simple technique that puts greetings in the spotlight. It is so easy. Just stamp the greeting repeatedly on a panel or on the card front. Here is a card that demonstrates the technique:


This card might look familiar to you. It is one of the cards I made for my 1May 2021 post on how to make easel cards. The inspiration for the card came from a card on page 26 of the STAMPIN’ UP!®️ 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG. 

Here are four more cards I created using the “repeating greeting” technique.


HEY GIRLFRIEND


To create the card below I used the HEY GIRLFRIEND stamp set. This stamp set can be found in the STAMPIN’ UP! JANUARY - JUNE 2021 MINI CATALOG. It is on the Mini Catalog retiring list. The catalog sales period ends 30 June 2021.


This card features  a Polished Pink card base,  the  2021-2023 On Colors 6”x6” DSP in Polished Pink, Polished Pink ink, and a Polished Pink bow! I inked up my stamp with Polished Pink ink and stamped the “hello”. The first “hello” I stamped is actually the second hello on the card panel. I stamped the greeting two more times without re-inking. I moved the stamp from left to right as I stamped down the panel. The greeting at the top is actually the last greeting I stamped. The greeting panel is adhered to the card base with Stamp & Seal. The image of the girl was colored with Stampin’ Blends, and fussy cut. She is adhered to the card with dimensionals.

The next two cards I made using the PARTY PUFFINS stamp set, and plenty of GRANNY APPLE GREEN! The cards have a landscape orientation. The DSP used on the cards is from the Pattern Party DSP, available with STAMPIN’ REWARDS. See pages 170-171 in the catalog for details, or in the online store select Paper & Packaging > Patterned Paper.

PARTY PUFFINS


For the greetings on these cards I inked the stamp with Granny Apple Green ink, stamped, stamped again, and repeated. On the “Make a Wish” card I stamped the greeting off the panel on the ends.


The cute puffins are holding balloons stamped with an image from the HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK stamp set.

The final sample card is a masculine card made with the SAILING HOME stamp set. The DSP is from the  IN GOOD TASTE collection from the Annual Catalog. 

SAILING HOME


I am so happy the IN GOOD TASTE DSP carried over to the new catalog! The collection is full of classic patterns of stone, fabrics, tile, and wood. It is a perfect DSP for masculine cards, and has patterns perfect for feminine cards as well.


The card base for this card is Night of Navy. The DSP has a Basic White mat. The lighthouse was stamped in Night of Navy on Basic White, and cut out with the Smooth Sailing Dies.  I stamped the greeting with the same process I used for the Hey Girlfriend card. I wrapped Night Of Navy twine (Mini Catalog) around the greeting panel and tied it in a small bow.

Any greeting can be used for the repeating greeting technique, and as you can see, the technique is very flexible. So ink up a greeting and start repeating! 


That’s it for today! Until next time...
Stamp Happy!

Kim

Remember, now through 14 June individual and workshop orders of $250 or more (shipping and tax not included) will earn and additional $25 in Stampin’ Rewards.


CATALOG PDF HERE

All stamps and stamped images©️1990-2021 Stampin’ Up!®️

No comments:

Post a Comment