Friday, May 17, 2024

USE THE 4-4-4 LAYOUT TO CREATE CARDS IN A SNAP!

Hi Stampers!

I always need birthday cards. I send them to my family members and friends, but I also like bundling up a dozen or so birthday cards and envelopes to give as gifts. My sisters enjoy having cards on hand, and yes - from time to time one of my sisters will send me a card I have made. I love it! 

I am working on creating a supply of cards for gifting. I decided to use 3 card layouts and make multiple cards featuring each layout. Today I am sharing cards I created using what I call the 4-4-4 layout, because it requires 4 pieces of patterned paper, each cut into 4 pieces, and those pieces are used to create 4 cards. 
Let’s take a peek at the sample cards!



VIDEO
USE THE 4-4-4 LAYOUT TO CREATE CARDS IN A SNAP






 CUTTING THE PATTERNED PAPER 
FOR THE 4-4-4 CARD LAYOUT

FOR THIS CARD LAYOUT YOU WILL NEED 4 PIECES OF PATTERNED PAPER CUT AT  4” x 5 1/4”.


FOR EACH OF THE 4 PIECES 4” x 5 1/4” PIECES OF PATTERNED PAPER:

 1. Place in trimmer with 4” side along the top cut at 2 1/2”. You now have 2 pieces.
 2. For each of the two pieces, place in the trimmer with the 5 1/4” side at the top, cut at 3 1/4”. You now have 4 pieces of patterned paper. 
 3. Repeat for the 3 remaining pieces of patterned paper.
 4. Sort the pieces into 4 stacks making sure each stack has one piece of each design.

GENERAL SUPPLIES &  MEASUREMENTS FOR CARDS

* NOTE - This is a general list of papers, stamp sets, ink colors, etc. needed to complete the cards. I encourage you to use what you have to create cards using this layout.

*4 - A-2 card bases - 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” scored and folded at 4 1/4”  or  11” x 4 1/4” scored and folded at 5 1/2”
* 4 pieces of patterned paper cut at 5 1/4” x 4” each cut as instructed on chart above
* 4 pieces of printer paper cut at 5 1/4” x 4” (optional)
* 4 pieces of white cardstock cut at 5 1/4” x 4” for inside panels (optional)
* Cardstock for greetings and mats
* Sentiment and / or image stamps 
* Dies or punches for greeting
* Coordinating inks
* Ribbon or other embellishments (optional)
* Adhesives of choice, dimensionals of choice

SAMPLE 4-4-4 CARD SETS

LIGHT & AIRY

CLASSIC BLUE & WHITE

BRIGHT & CHEERY

PLAYFUL PATTERNS


VIDEO CARDS




I hope you give the 4-4-4 card layout a try. It is a great go to layout anytime, but especially for times when you need a few cards in a hurry. 

That is all for today. Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time . . .
Stamp Happy!

Kim


Stamps for today’s cards ©️1990-2024 Stampin’ Up!®️
 * Best Day (retired)
 * Attention Shoppers
 * Simply Said
 * Round We Go

Other supplies for today’s cards are from Stampin’ Up! (Some items are retired.)

Hampton Arts Action Wobbles
- I found these at Walmart.com, they are also available through Hobby Lobby, Amazon, and many other sources.










No comments:

Post a Comment