Tuesday, August 3, 2021

TINSEL TIME TUESDAY! CASEing THE CATALOG; EMBOSSING PASTE & HOLLY JOLLY WISHES

Hi Stampers!

Welcome to week 1 of TINSEL TIME TUESDAY! Every Tuesday from today through 14 December 2021 I will share a Christmas card, gift tag, or gift packaging idea. Use the ideas I present as inspiration or copy them. If you copy my designs and post your creations on social media, please reference -

http://greatinkspirations.blogspot.com

For me, August is the best time to begin creating my Christmas cards. I can make a few cards a week, and by the time December rolls around I have plenty of cards to send to family and friends. I must admit it is a bit difficult to think of Christmas when it is 90 degrees outside! I have found a good way to start those Holiday creative juices flowing is to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) a card from the Stampin’ Up!®️ catalog. I CASEd today’s card from page 57 of the STAMPIN’ UP! JULY - DECEMBER 2021 MINI CATALOG, which goes live today! I did make a few changes to the card, and I used a different stamp set for the greeting. I chose to use a greeting from the HOLLY JOLLY WISHES stamp set. (Page 29)

HOLLY JOLLY WISHES


Here is my card:

SUPPLIES FOR THIS CARD:
* Old Olive card base
* Old Olive cardstock cut at 5” x 3 3/4”
* Heartwarming Hugs DSP (Real Red with white stripe) cut at 5” x 3 3/4”
* Strip of Basic White cardstock 3/4” x about 4 3/4”
* Basic White cardstock cut at 5” x 3 3/4” for inside of card
* Old Olive ink
* Simply Elegant Trim (gold) about 14”
* Embossing Paste, palette knife, silicone craft sheet, and bin of water
* Adorning Designs Decorative Masks (snowflake pattern)
* Adhesive of choice, dimensionals, glue dot, and washi tape (or other low tack tape)
* Simply Scored Scoring Tool

ASSEMBLY:
* Cover your work surface with grid paper. Place the DSP on the grid paper, and position the mask over the DSP.

* Use the washi tape to secure the mask.


* Remove a dab of embossing paste from the jar with the palette knife and put it on the silicone craft sheet (or piece of scrap paper, wax paper, etc).


* Use the palette knife and begin spreading the embossing paste over the mask.


* Continue spreading the embossing paste over the mask until the entire surface is covered and excess paste is removed.


* Remove the mask. (I have no clue why this photo is a bit blurry. The embossing is not blurry in real life.)

* Place the mask, palette knife, and silicone craft sheet in the water to soak until the items can be cleaned up.


* Once the embossing paste has dried, use a paper trimmer cut the DSP in half diagonally.


* Use the Simply Scored scoring tool to add secure to the Old Olive cardstock. Start at 1/4” and score at 1/4” intervals through 3 1/2”.


* Adhere the DSP over the top portion of the scored Old Olive cardstock.
 


* Stamp the greeting with Old Olive ink on the Basic White strip of cardstock, and adhere it diagonally between the DSP and the card. (I used the “Wishing You a Merry Christmas” greeting. I masked off the “wishing you a” inked the stamp, pulled off the mask (tape), and stamped the greeting.



* Use paper snips to trim off the edges of the greeting.




* Use about 14” of the Elegant Trim (gold), and wrap it along the bottom of the greeting. Tie in a bow. I kept the trim in place on the back of the piece with tape, and I put a glue dot under the bow’s knot to hold it in place in the front.

* Place dimensionals on the back side of the focal panel and place the focal panel on the card base.


* The card front is complete.


* This is the sentiment I stamped on the panel for the inside of the card.


Here is another version of the card:


And here is the inside


I used the same making technique for this greeting as I did for the previous card. I only wanted the “ Fa la la la la” on the front. I placed tape over the “la la la la” inked the stamp, removed the tape and stamped. I did the opposite to stamp the “la la la la” on the inside. 


There are two cards to put in my Christmas Card box! Thank you for joining me for week one of TINSEL TIME TUESDAY. Next Tuesday’s card will feature the PEACEFUL DEER stamp set (Mini Catalog) and the coordinating PEACEFUL PRINTS DSP (SAB Brochure).

Just a reminder the Stampin’ Up! July - August 2021 Mini Catalog is now live and SAB (Sale-a-bration) has begun!  The sales period for the Mini Catalog runs through 3 January 2022. During SAB you can earn free products from the SAB Brochure for every $50 (US) you spend. SALE-A-BRATION continues through 30 September 2021.

That is all for today. Thank you for stopping by. Until next time…
Stamp Happy!
Kim

All stamps and stamped images ©️1990-2021 Stampin’ Up!®️













No comments:

Post a Comment