Wednesday, April 14, 2021

STAMPIN’ UP! ®️ PREVIEW - SPIRAL DYE

 Hi Stampers,

In just under three weeks the brand new STAMPIN’ UP’ 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG sales period begins! This catalog has sooooooo much to offer stampers of all skill levels! I cannot wait to see what everyone creates with the stamps, inks, and papers in this catalog! 

Today I am continuing the catalog preview with a focus on the SPIRAL DYE background stamp! This stamp is more versatile than what you might think! To me, the image is very retro! It takes me right back to when I was a kid in the 70’s wearing tie dye tees and bell bottom jeans! I’ve had some fun experimenting with this stamp. I will share some of the results today, and save some for on down the road!

SPIRAL DYE


Here is a look at 5 cards I created with the stamp. The two cards on top I featured in 9 April post.


To create this card I simply inked the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and stamped it on a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” piece of Basic White cardstock. I cut the stamped cardstock  down to 3 3/4” x 5”, matted it on a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock, and adhered the piece to a Basic Black card base. Super easy! For this card I placed the stamp on CLEAR BLOCK F,  inked it, placed my cardstock on the stamp, placed scrap paper on top, and rubbed over the scrap paper to help transfer the ink to the cardstock.


For this card card I used Mango Melody and Bermuda Bay inks to create the background. I believe it is possible to achieve this result using CLEAR BLOCK F, but I used the STAMPARATUS.  Page 118 of the new catalog gives simple instructions for creating this effect. Place cardstock in the STAMPARATUS, ink up the stamp (for my card I used the Mango Melody ink first), and stamp the image. Clean the stamp. Ink it up with a second color (I used Bermuda Bay), turn the cardstock 180 degrees, and stamp! It is so easy!


The next two cards were made the same way as the previous card, I just used different color combinations. The first card was stamped using Coastal Cabana and stamped again using Bermuda Bay. This combination results in a monochromatic color scheme.


The card below was first inked using the new IN COLOR, FRESH FREESIA, and stamped again using Magenta Madness ink. 


This card was a little time consuming, but I like the results. I pulled out some STAMPIN’ WRITE MARKERS. I put the stamp on my STAMPARATUS, put my cardstock in place, and began adding color in the center of the stamp with a marker. Then I stamped. I did not clean off the stamp, I took the next marker and added color, stamped, and continued this process until I had filled the cardstock with color. If you would rather not use markers this look can be achieved using sponge daubers.


There are so many creative possibilities with this background stamp! I cannot wait to see all the creative and fun cards you all come up with using this stamp!


That is it for today! Until next time...
Stamp Happy!
Kim

All stamps and stamped images ©️1990-2021 STAMPIN’ UP!®️

No comments:

Post a Comment