Tuesday, July 30, 2024

STAMP HAPPY HOLIDAYS WEEK 1 - CREATE A SNOWFLAKES POP UP CARD YOUR OWN WAY!

Hi Stampers!

Welcome to week one of STAMP HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2024! Christmas is just under five months away! That means it is time for me to begin creating my cards for the Holidays. I like to start early (for me) and finish in plenty of time to relax and enjoy all the holiday activities with family and friends. Why not join me and we can create our Stamp Happy Holidays cards together?

Today’s cards feature “snowflakes,” but in a bit different way than one might think! The card is a fun fold - an insert pop up card. I used a specific stamp for my first card, but I created 3 other cards using different supplies to achieve a similar look. Let’s take a look at the card fronts:


and here is the inside of my original card:


This card idea is great for the people in your life who appreciate a bit of humor or wordplay!

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE STAMP

Here is a look at the stamp I used. It was produced by a company called Cottage Rubber and I purchased it about 15 years ago at a quaint little stamp store called Loving Hands Creations in Fayetteville, NC. Sadly, both businesses no longer exist.



VIDEO
CREATE A “SNOWFLAKES” POP UP CARD YOUR OWN WHY





CARD SUPPLIES
Basic Supplies for the Card(s)

* Card base - cardstock cut at 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” scored along the 8 1/2” side and folded at 4 1/4”
* Mat - Patterned paper - 5 1/4” x 4”
* Inside panel - Pop Up Insert- patterned paper cut at 8 1/4” x 5 1/4” scored along the 8 1/4” side at 4 1/4”
* Inside greeting: mat cardstock cut at 4 1/4” x 3 1/4”greeting panel - white cardstock cut at 4” x 3”
* Cardstock for “SNOWFLAKES”greeting(card front and inside), for stamping or cutting out snowmen, white cardstock for snow
* Inks, markers, etc.
* Adhesive, dimensionals
* Punches, dies, scissors
* Ruler
THE SNOWMEN

OPTION 1 - USE A SNOW MAN OR BUILD A SNOWMAN STAMP SET



Look through your stamps, you might be surprised what you find. I created the card above using the SNOWMAN SEASON stamp set from Stampin’ Up!®️ (retired). The stamp set was bundled with the SNOWMAN BUILDER punch. This was a single image. I simple stamped and punched out the snowman three times.     

OPTION 2 - USE A SNOWMAN PUNCH


I used the SNOWMAN BUILDER punch to create these snowmen. The punch includes the snowman, arms, hat, and carrot nose. I drew on the mouth eyes and cheeks. I used a black marker along the edges of the snowmen. I added shading with an alcohol marker (Stampin’ Blends - Pool Party light). The coal/ buttons are adhesive dots.

OPTION 3 - USE CIRCLE PUNCHES OR CIRCLE DIES


I think this version is my favorite. I used circle dies to create the snowmen. I cut the noses from cardstock, drew the faces and the coal / buttons. I shaded the snowmen with the Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. The snowman arms were created with a tree branch die. 

THE SENTIMENT
I used the “SNOWFLAKES” sentiment from the stamp for the greeting on the front and inside the cards. What are other options?

OPTION 1-  USE A STAMP

You might have a stamp with the word “snowflake.” It is easy to turn the word SNOWFLAKE into SNOWFLAKES. 
* Ink the stamp and stamp the greeting on cardstock. 
* Clean the stamp and stamp it on scrap paper a couple more time to dry it and remove any residual ink.
* Mask the “NOWFLAKE” portion of the stamp. You can do this with tape, a post it note, et.
* Ink the stamp and remove the mask. 
* Stamp the “S” at the end of the greeting. SNOWFLAKE is now SNOWFLAKES.

OPTION 2 - ALPHABET STAMP SET

This option opens up all kinds of possibilities! You can stamp each letter using different colors of blue or lavender to create a wintry feel. What if your alphabet stamps are on the larger side?
Remember, you can always break up SNOWFLAKES into SNOW  
                                                                                             FLAKES

OPTION 3 - ALPHABET DIES

Like the alphabet stamps, the alphabet dies are quite versatile. Most everything I said about the stamps applies to the dies. Masking most likely will not be an issue with dies, but adhering die cut letter can sometimes be challenging. I recommend using adhesive sheets adhered to the backside of the cardstock prior to die cutting.

THE POP-UP INSERT





  I won’t say it is always easy to take an idea, image, design, etc. and recreate it using the supplies you have on hand, and sometimes it takes a bit of out of the box thinking. It is always worth the try. You just might find you like your creation a lot more than the original. 

SNOWFLAKES CARDS


That’s all for today. Thank you for stopping by for the first week of STAMP HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2024!
Until next time . . .
Stamp Happy

Kim

SUPPLY SOURCES
*SNOWFLAKES stamp by Cottage Rubber Stamps
* Snowman Season ©️stamp set 1990- 2023 Stampin’ Up!®️
* Ink, cardstock, paper from Stampin’ Up!

NOTE: I am not affiliated with nor do I receive compensation from Stampin’ Up! or any other company.



No comments:

Post a Comment